I knew the Rangers probably weren't going to win the 2010 World Series when the laws of physics were abandoned in San Francisco when Ian Kinsler hit a sure home run to center field in Game 2 only to have it bounce off the literal top of the wall and carom back into play for a double despite that being impossible.
I know the Giants were destined to win the 2010 World Series because Edgar Renteria popped up a routine can of corn that somehow carried forever for a home run off Cliff Lee in a season when he hit three home runs all year.
Yeah, well, Cole Hamels can do that, too.
Friday, July 31 7:05 pm: LHP Madison Bumgarner vs RHP Nick Martinez
Saturday, August 1 7:05 pm: RHP Tim Hudson (Or Mike Leake) vs LHP Cole Hamels
Sunday, August 2 2:05 pm: RHP Chris Heston vs LHP Martin Perez
San Francisco Giants (56-45, 2nd Place in NL West)
Rangers' Record vs. San Francisco: 0-1 in World Series, looking for revenge
San Francisco's Recent Results: 2-1 home series win against the Milwaukee Brewers
San Francisco's Road Record: 26-22
The Ballpark Park Factors (LHB/RHB): HR: 96/88 - Runs: 108/102
SB Nation Giants Blog: McCovey Chronicles
|Match-up: (as of 07/31)||Rangers||Giants||Advantage|
|Batting (RAR)||-26.2 (19th)||42.4 (3rd)||Giants|
|Base Running (RAR)||6.4 (7th)||-0.2 (19th)||Rangers|
|Bullpen (RAR)||-8.4 (30th)||9.7 (21st)||D:|
|Defense (UZR)||3.7 (14th)||16.2 (6th)||Giants|
|Overall (UZR + RAR)||3.1||108.8||Giants :(|
Questions to Answer:
- Yay or Nay: The Rangers win a World Series before the Giants win another one?
- Who is your Return of the McLemore Approved Player to Watch in this series? (I'm interested to see if Shin-Soo Choo can continue his hot second half.)
- Over/Under: 3.5 times the Rangers attempt to bunt for a hit in this series?
- What's your guess for line (IP/H/K/BB/ER) by Cole Hamels as he makes his debut as a Texas Ranger on Saturday night?
- Do the Rangers start off the month of August with a series win at home against the Giants?