Rangers 7, M's 2
- Could things have gone much better?
- Derek Holland returned, pitched well, and got the win. 6.1 IP, 8 hits, 2 runs allowed, 6 Ks. We all should be happy about that.
- Jake Diekman and Sam Dyson each pitched scoreless innings. Oh, and Keone Kela came in in relief of Holland and had a scoreless outing, though he faced two batters, and one got a hit (leading to Jesus Montero being thrown out at home by Delino DeShields trying to score to end the inning).
- The Rangers scored enough runs to get folks half-price pizza. Mitch Moreland and Elvis Andrus each had a pair of hits, including a homer, and three RBIs, and Mike Napoli went 2 for 2 with a walk, an HBP and his first home run of the year as a Ranger.
- And Elvis's home run went over 400 feet -- 427 feet, apparently. I have no idea what is going on there.
- This was a good day. The Rangers playing winning baseball is fun. I'm enjoying this.
- Here's video of the three home runs, which were back-to-back-to-back: