Rangers 10, Mariners 1
- when Cole Hamels started off the game by allowing a double, then gave up a home run to start the second, I bet you weren't expecting he would turn in a historic performance, But Hamels ended up going 7 IP while striking out 12 batters and walking none, one of only nine times a Ranger pitcher has fanned at least 12 and walked none. Hamels pitched like the guy they were hoping they were getting when they traded for him.
- Sam Dyson and Chi Chi Gonzalez each pitched an uneventful inning. Surprised Dyson was used, but good that the rest of the key bullpen pieces got a night off.
- 14 hits for the Rangers, with Shin-Soo Choo being the star of the show, getting two hits, walking twice and getting hit by a pitch. He's getting on base at an insane rate right now.
- Adrian Beltre had three hits, while Chris Gimenez and Delino DeShields each had a pair of hits. DeShields left the game in the late innings for what was described as precautionary reasons due to his knee, but at that point, the bench was being cleared anyway.
- If there was a negative today, it was that Elvis Andrus made an error, his first in 30-something games. Oh, and the Rangers went yet another game without a grand slam.
- Two and a half games up in the West, with Holland facing Felix tomorrow.