Angels 7, Rangers 0
- Well, that was unpleasant across the board.
- If you're looking for a positive, none of the Rangers relievers allowed runs. Ross Ohlendorf, Andrew Faulkner and Luke Jackson each had scoreless innings, and Jackson had a couple of strikeouts.
- Colby Lewis had a rough game, allowing 7 runs in 5 IP. This was his third straight disappointing start. Lewis has given the Rangers their money's worth all season, but coming into the final month, you have to wonder if he might not be running out of gas. The Ranger rotation is a strength right now, but it would be nice to get good Lewis back.
- I kind of wonder if Texas might not give Chi Chi Gonzalez or Nick Martinez a spot start at some point, to give Lewis (and Martin Perez, who, of course, is coming off TJS) a break.
- Colby Lewis hit a batter on an 0-2 pitch. It was the 9th time this season a Ranger pitcher has hit a batter on 0-2, the most in the A.L., and second in the majors to the Phillies.
- The offense was brutal...six walks were drawn, but Texas only picked up two hits.
- Houston won, so Texas is now three games back in the West, but they beat the Twins, so Texas is still 1.5 games up on Minnesota in the Wild Card race.
- Texas is 3-3 on the road trip, and needs to split the four game set in Seattle to be 5-5 on the road trip. I think you have to be satisfied with a .500 road trip. But let's just not let the M's be spoilers here.