Ian Desmond had a pretty dang good year. He had a terrible April, a bananas crazy good May and June, a pretty good July and then a terrible August and September. But for the year it was pretty dang good! All that while playing reasonable CF despite a career as a SS. It was a weird signing when it happened, but it turned out to be a solid one.
The commenter who came the closest in projection was: BrentTaylor21!
- OPT+ is an indicator of how a projection compared to the LSB Average. 100 is average, 110 is 10% better than average, and 90 is 10% worse than average.
- SCORE is an average of the number of standard deviations away from the actual results for each projected value also known as a Z-Score.
- FanGraphs Depth Charts is from FanGraphs.com using their hybrid of ZiPS and Steamer and manually determined playing time.
- The number in parentheses after LSB Average is the total number of entries for this player.
- Spreadsheet with all entries
|FanGraphs Depth Charts||581.0||.245||.301||.410||.711||88||1.96|
|LSB Average (94)||580.6||.263||.320||.439||.759||100||1.02|
|Angry Snow Monkey||540||.240||.295||.410||.705||80||2.28|