Robinson Chirinos was hurt for most of 2016 and then lost his starting job when the Rangers acquired Jonathon Lucroy. That said, a .797 OPS from a catcher is something nearly any team would take and he's a solid backup to have to an all star catcher.
The commenter who came the closest in projection was: casew!
- OPT+ is an indicator of how a projection compared to the LSB Average. 100 is average, 110 is 10% better than average, and 90 is 10% worse than average.
- SCORE is an average of the number of standard deviations away from the actual results for each projected value also known as a Z-Score.
- FanGraphs Depth Charts is from FanGraphs.com using their hybrid of ZiPS and Steamer and manually determined playing time. NOTE: Fangraphs 2016 Projections aren't readily available any longer since they just published the 2017 projections. I will have to see if I can still get the 2016.
- The number in parentheses after LSB Average is the total number of entries for this player.
- Spreadsheet with all entries
|FanGraphs Depth Charts|
|LSB Average (82)||374.5||.240||.317||.429||.746||100||2.27|