Rangers 2, M's 1
- One strike away finally worked against the other team. It was about time.
- Of course, before getting to one strike away, we need to rave about Colby Lewis. 8 IP, just 3 K's but also just 3 hits, no walks. And it looked like Cooby would get hung with the loss, due to a combination of an Adam Lind solo home run and the Rangers bats doing nothing all game.
- But with two outs in the bottom of the ninth, with two strikes, Steve Cishek opted to challenge Prince Fielder with a fastball, right down the middle, and Prince crushed it, tying the game at one and getting Colby off the hook. Prince was 3 for 5 today, his first three hit game of the season, and if you are looking for signs of life from Prince, well, look no further.
- The other player with a multi-hit game for the Rangers today? Rougned Odor, who went 3 for 5, with the third hit being a ball crushed into the right field seats for a game-winning home run to lead off the top of the 11th. Upon making contact, Rougie dropped his bat and hung his head, and I was sure he hadn't gotten all of it...only to be proven wrong. He destroyed that baseball.
- Speaking of the offense, Robinson Chirinos pinch ran for Prince in the 11th. I bet that's the first time Chirinos has ever pinch run.
- Okay, I'm whipped...this game wore me out. I could write some more thoughts about how Jake Diekman came up big and noting Sam Dyson's command issues, but I'm too tired. Good night,