Rangers 3, Rays 1
- And the Rangers have clinched home field advantage for the rest of the playoffs. Texas will have the best record in the American League. I think its fair to call this a successful season.
- 95 wins for the Rangers this year, with two games still to play. Only the 2011 team has had more wins in a season, and this team has a chance to set a team record for most victories in a season.
- In his final pre-playoff tuneup, Yu Darvish was outstanding. He went 6 innings, striking out 12, allowing just 3 hits and a walk. One run came across, when he walked Kevin Kiermaier and then allowed an Evan Longoria double, but really, Yu never seemed like he was in any sort of difficulty all game. If this is the Yu that we get in October, Texas will be in really good shape.
- Tony Barnette, Jake Diekman, Matt Bush and Sam Dyson all made appearances out of the pen, and all were solid. Dyson, in particular, looked as good as he has in some time.
- Every starter among the position players had a hit except for Jonathan Lucroy, and Rougned Odor and Carlos Beltran each had home runs.
- This is one of those games where, really, there’s not a lot to say. Yu was awesome. The bullpen was solid. The offense scored enough runs. It looked like a team that is ready to make some noise in the playoffs...while playing Game 1 of each series in Arlington.