Here’s what you need to know about tonight’s game:
- The Rangers won 8-2 to stick it to the Orioles after they swept them in Baltimore last week.
- Andrew Cashner pitched a really good, efficient game to hopefully convince some team out there to trade the Rangers prospects for him.
- Jon Daniels called up all the contenders trying to pick through the bones this Rangers season and said, “See! We’re not desperate!”
- Elvis Andrus hit one of the five or so longest home runs of his career, his 14th of the year.
- Adrian Beltre collected two more hits — two RBI singles — to bring his career total to 2,998 as he tries to get this whole 3,000 hits thing out of the way.
Player of the Game: Gotta give props to Cashner for going seven innings and allowing just one run on five hits while actually striking out four hitters!
But really, Cashner hasn’t pitched terribly well this season from a peripherals standpoint, but he’s been getting results and eating innings so perhaps the contenders not in the running for Yu Darvish will get a bidding war goin’ for Cashner.
Up Next: Austin Bibens-Dirkx takes recently DL’d Tyson Ross’ spot in the rotation against Baltimore RHP Kevin Gausman. First pitch of Beltre’s potential 3K night is scheduled for 7:05 pm CT.