- My thoughts on this game are that this game was terrible and unpleasant.
- Martin Perez was awful, giving up 8 runs in 4 innings, and continuing his extremely poor start to the season.
- Jurickson Profar went down on a potential double play he was attempting to turn, left the game, and is currently in concussion protocol. It doesn’t mean he will go on the concussion d.l. (which has a 7 day minimum), but it does seem unlikely he plays tomorrow, and the Rangers were already missing their starting double play combination due to injury.
- Those two things are enough to make any game miserable and not something you want to think about.
- On the positive side, Jesse Chavez did some nice work in relief, and Joey Gallo and Nomar Mazara each hit home runs. So that’s something.
- But overall, this was an ugly, bad night for the Rangers and for Rangers fans, and we’ll have to hold our breath and see how Profar is doing tomorrow.
Rays 8, Rangers 4