- Well, the streak was fun while it lasted. Alas, all good things must end.
- Bartolo Colon...I’ve kind of just assumed the magic has run out and he’s going to be thoroughly mediocre going forward, except for those times when he’s not locating his pitches, at which times he will be really awful. But he had one of those weird, inexplicable really good games again today, going 7 innings, allowing 2 runs on 7 hits, 1 walk and 5 Ks. The Twins offense isn’t that great, and Colon gave up some hard hit balls, but hey, a Quality Start is a Quality Start, and Colon continues to defy all logic and reason by continuing to keep runs off the board.
- Alex Claudio, one of the few pitchers who Colon probably throws harder than, pitched a scoreless eighth. Facing Colon and Claudio in the same game has to be a peculiar experience.
- The bats, however, were useless. Shin-Soo Choo had a double to lead off the game, extending his consecutive games on base streak to 37. Adrian Beltre had a single. Rougned Odor had a bunt single. And that was it for Ranger hits today.
- The Rangers did strike out 15 times today, though, which is kind of impressive.
- Anyway, it was a loss, which means the Rangers went 5-1 on this road trip, which I think we are all happy with. Three at home against San Diego next, as the Rangers try to see if they can get within single digits of being under .500.
Thoughts on a 2-0 Rangers loss
Twins 2, Rangers 0