- At a certain point in a losing streak, all the losses start to blur together.
- I’m not sure I remember much of what happened today. Lance Lynn pitched, he gave up home runs, he still went deep into the game. Chris Martin gave up a home run. Shawn Kelley warmed up then was hurt. Jose Leclerc retired the only batter he faced.
- Nomar Mazara had a home run today, which I guess is noteworthy. He hadn’t homered for almost a month, and as his slide gets worse and worse, he seems in more and more danger of getting sent down to AAA at some point. A homer and a walk doesn’t mean he’s broken out, but it is a good sign.
- Logan Forsythe homered, so that is good. Elvis Andrus got his first hit in seemingly forever, and it wasn’t a well hit hit, but it was a hit, anyway.
- Joey Gallo struck out in all four of his at bats, and is in the midst of a really bad slump. We all know that he’s going to go through these stretches, but it is still achy to watch.
- Chris Woodward had a team meeting after the game. Texas now heads on to Seattle. Onwards and upwards.
Thoughts on a 5-3 Rangers loss
Astros 5, Rangers 3