M’s 5, Rangers 3
- At least Texas won yesterday.
- Mike Minor was pitching well today until he wasn’t. Through the first four innings, Minor allowed just two singles and a walk, and it appeared he and Mike Leake were going to have a pitchers duel.
- Things went south in the fifth. Dan Vogelbach had a leadoff homer. Then it went single, single, single, K, single, followed by a fly out where a run scored due to a Jeff Mathis throwing error, making it a 4-0 game. Vogelbach then homered again in the sixth for an insurance run.
- End line for Minor was 5 runs (4 earned) on 8 hits in 6 IP, with a walk and 5 Ks. His ERA is now 3.00. And we shall wait and see if he pitches again this season in a Ranger uniform.
- Jesse Chavez and Jose Leclerc each threw a scoreless inning, so that’s good.
- Rougned Odor had an 0-2 3 run home run for the Rangers only runs. Danny Santana, Nomar Mazara and Hunter Pence each had a pair of hits.
- Just a meh, disappointing game in the midst of a meh, disappointing second half of the season so far. Texas now goes to Oakland for 4 games and, well, we all know how well they play in Oakland.