- How about that Kolby Allard? Following up on his 6.1 scoreless inning out last time out, Allard came an out away from a quality start, giving up 2 runs in 5.2 IP, with 4 Ks and a walk. Allard ran into a bit of trouble in the 5th and 6th, and questions about his ability to maintain his stuff have existed for a while, but the work so far from Allard as a Ranger has been solid.
- Allard now has a 4.33 ERA, a 2.81 FIP and a 4.09 xFIP.
- Shawn Kelley got the final out of the sixth, and ended up logging a full inning of work, striking out two and allowing an unearned run when a Mallex Smith triple turned into a Mallex Smith Little League home run when he was able to score on the play on a throwing error.
- Remember Taylor Guerrieri? He had 1.1 scoreless IP.
- Emmanuel Clase got the 9th inning due to Jose Leclerc having pitched on back-to-back nights, and picked up his first career major league save.
- Jose Trevino had a big night offensively, going 3 for 3 with a pair of doubles. That is unexpected. Trevino is, of course, a guy who is seen as a glove-first catcher, with the question being whether he will ever hit enough. There was some pop today.
- Only four other hits for the Rangers today — a home run by Danny Santana, doubles by Nick Solak and Rougned Odor, and a single by Scott Heineman. Heineman and Odor also walked, and Elvis reached twice via error.
- Only one more game before rosters expand.
Thoughts on a 6-3 Rangers win
Rangers 6, Mariners 3