- How about that Mike Minor? Maybe it was the trade rumors getting to him after all. After a bad July, Minor started August with a terrific outing, throwing 7 shutout innings, allowing 7 singles (3 of the infield variety) with just 1 walk against 7 Ks. ERA is back down to 3.06.
- Jesse Chavez, who appears to have 8th inning duties while Shawn Kelley is out, had a 1-2-3 8th with a K.
- Jose Leclerc had the 9th, and gave up a double to Jose Ramirez to start the inning, leading us all to start stressing over whether the Leclerc 9th inning troubles were manifesting. The Ramirez ball was challenged as having been possibly foul, and the replay made it look like it was foul, but it was not overturned.
- Fortunately for Texas, the Indians had Tyler Naquin sac bunt Ramirez over to third, giving Leclerc a free out. A weak grounder for the second out couldn’t bring the runner home, and a fly out ended the game.
- Elvis Andrus had 2 of the Rangers 5 hits, continuing his career-long dominance in Cleveland. That included a triple to lead off the 4th inning. Nomar Mazara then hit a fly to shallow center that Elvis tagged on and scored, leading to the only run of the game.
- 1-0 games don’t provide a ton to write about, sometimes. Oh, Willie Calhoun and Jeff Mathis each doubled. One of those things is unusual. And Rougned Odor drew a walk, which doesn’t happen often.
- But it’s a five game winning streak, which Texas will look to extend tomorrow. Huzzah.
Rangers 1, Indians 0