- What a bleah game. The most memorable part was probably Lance Lynn and Chris Woodward complaining about the home plate umpire taking balls out of play.
- 3 runs in 5 innings for Lynn tonight, along with 7 Ks. He needed 108 pitches to get through 5 IP, which is a lot, and Lynn has been...not running out of gas, really, but not performing up to the level he had been for much of the season. Though he had been performing at close to a CYA level for much of the summer, so not sustaining that is understandable.
- Three relievers on the 40 man bubble worked after Lynn. Taylor Guerrieri walked 2 and allowed a hit and a run while retiring just a single batter. Ian Gibaut had 1.2 scoreless innings, and Luke Farrell had a scoreless inning. All three will be challenging answers in the 2019 Rangers Sporcle Quiz a year from now.
- The offense continued to sputter against a collection of Yankee relievers. Nick Solak, Ronald Guzman and Rougned Odor each had 2 hits, with Odor hitting a 9th inning homer to keep Texas from being shut out. I guess if we are focusing on seeing progress from guys who need to be evaluated this month, that’s something.
- The good news is Kolby Allard is going tomorrow, against the Orioles. We see if he can continue his solid work so far in a Ranger uniform, and the Rangers play a bad team for one of the final teams of the season. That’s preferable you thinking about this yawner.
Thoughts on a 4-1 Rangers loss
Yankees 4, Rangers 1