Yankees 2, Rangers 0
- I don’t know what there is to say about that game. Corey Kluber was great, the Rangers offense wasn’t, and that was that.
- I guess we should be thankful that the Culb walked and kept this from being a perfect game.
- Its also worth noting this is part of a greater trend. Six no hitters before Memorial Day isn’t normal. We are one no hitter away from tying the record for most no hitters in a season in the modern era. The league batting average this season is .236. The league’s efforts to increase action and have more hits are appearing more and more necessary.
- Even the Yankees last night put up only four hits. Four hits combined in a game isn’t a recipe for fan engagement.
- Taylor Hearn hit 95.7 mph with his fastball last night. Hunter Wood topped out at 94.7. Brett Martin reached 93.9 mph, and Hyeon-jong Yang 92.0 mph.
- Willie Calhoun and Adolis Garcia had outs of 105.4 mph and 105.3 mph, respectively. There were only four other balls in play by the Rangers last night that were over 90 mph in exit velocity.
- Let’s hope the Rangers get a hit in their next game.