Mariners 4, Rangers 2
- At least Joey Gallo homered. That was fun.
- I don’t know if it ultimately would have made any difference in the game, but the called strike three to Brock Holt on a two out 3-2 pitch in the seventh, with Adolis Garcia on second and and Holt representing the tying run, Gallo having homered earlier in the inning, was a horseshit call.
- Here’s the screenshot all the beat guys tweeted out:
I mean, that’s horseshit. It’s hard to miss a call that badly.
- I don’t have anything else to say about this game.
- Josh Sborz was the hardest throwing Ranger today, hitting 97.1 mph. Taylor Hearn topped out at 96.0 mph. Demarcus Evans hit 93.5 mph, Brett Martin reached 93.0, and Hyeon-jong Yang maxed out at 91.1 mph.
- Joey Gallo’s home run had an exit velocity of 108.0 mph. Khris Davis had outs of 105.7 mph and 103.7 mph. Willie Calhoun had a 103.6 mph single. Nick Solak had a fly out at 100.0.
- Rangers were swept twice on the road this week, by two not terribly good teams. Their last road win was in Minnesota on May 6. The Rangers are 4-15 in their last 19 games. And on tomorrow’s national holiday, the Rangers are off.
- Fuck it, dude. Let’s go bowling.